Rafting safety rules
1. Learn about the trip route, difficult sections of the river, as well as the rules and
instructions given by the rafting organizer.
2. Always wear a life jacket.
3. Get in and out of the canoe positioned with the bow upstream.
4. Always land ashore against the current.
5. When on the lake, position the canoe with the bow perpendicular to the wave.
6. Do not get up when in the canoe.
7. Do not rock the canoe.
8. After capsizing in deep water, tow the canoe to the shore without turning it over.
9. Always hold the paddle (especially after capsizing).
10. Watch the water surface in front of the canoe, and pay attention to whirls, wrinkles
11. Stop in front of an obstacle, get out of your canoe and guide it safely.
12. Overcome damming structures and weirs by carrying the canoe along the riverside.
13. Never drink alcohol while canoeing!
14. Drink water, remember sweet snacks – they keep you going when tired.
15. Watch the weather closely, check the forecast before you go rafting.
16. Make sure you have the right outerwear for the weather.
17. Protect belongings in the canoe from water.
18. Carry a waterproof first aid kit with basic dressings.
Emergency telephone number 112 or 999
Emergency telephone number for water ambulance (WOPR) 601 100 100
RESCUE phone application
Emergency telephone number 112 or 101
Emergency telephone number (032) 275 82 13